Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New Skin Care Regimen: Week in Review

Here we are Day 8 and though I may have slacked a bit, I still see a noticeable difference in my skin.  Considering the ingredients are really nothing special and inexpensive to boot, I have to say that I was surprised at having achieved such great success.

I realize that I didn't blog about days four through seven, but did you honestly wish to hear the same information over and over again? I didn't believe so.  

Admittedly, day four was a very busy day for me.  I was busy preparing for the weekend for my husband's celebration of the big 4-0.  I was cooking and cleaning throughout the day - which is another reason I didn't blog during that time - and was thoroughly exhausted each and every night.  I did manage to do my treatment that morning, but skipped the coconut oil moisturizer, because I honestly didn't have time to allow it to set in.  

Reminder: the coconut oil stays wet for much longer than your classic commercial moisturizers.

Day five, was busier still.  I had much more cooking and cleaning to do and there were about a dozen more visitors expected than the day before's count.  I was able to get phase one of the treatment completed - hot rag/honey/hot rag - before I realized what time it was and rushed off to finish my prep.  That means there was no scrub and no moisturizer.  I could have used my old moisturizer, but I didn't wish to detract from what the true results would have been.  By the end of the evening, I was too exhausted to fully clean up my house let alone clean my face.

Day six, I awoke to a new blemish.  It was just the one, but I obviously blamed my lack of completing the regimen.  I completed phase one, then did phase two - the scrub - but again didn't have much time to allow the moisturizing effects of the coconut oil to set in.

Day seven, I was a complete and utter slacker.  I blame the dreaded monthly cycle.  I had lost all motivation for everything because of it and just wished to rest.

Today, day eight, I am happy to report that although I missed a few steps in my week, I was able to garner better results with this "natural" treatment than I have in the past with some of the more expensive skin care regimens.



*  I don't like that the coconut oil stays wet for so long, but it's something I am willing to forgive for the wonderful result of clearer and softer skin.  Be sure to allow yourself enough time to let it set in otherwise, your placement of any cosmetic will be poorly set.

*  You do want to add a teensy amount of water to the scrub mixture to keep it from being too sticky.  You don't want to add too much, because it will destroy any real outcome the scrub could have provided.  You'll understand as you begin making it, and you'll figure out your own preference on the density.

*  Only make enough scrub for the single use or the day.  If you make more than what you need, the next time you go to use it, the mixture will be more like pudding.  You can't really exfoliate with a pudding mixture.

*  I found the scrub was pleasant for my knees, elbows, and legs.  If you're going to use it to treat these areas as well, I highly recommend you do it in the tub before a shower.  It's much easier to rinse off. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment