Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Skin Care Regimen Day One

It is once again time for a confession.

I...am a Pinterest addict.  Yes, I, along with many other people on the net, am loving Pinterest.  I like that I have a site in which I may go to view all my bookmarks without clogging up my browser thereby filling the memory on my computer.  I like that it's an all-inclusive community, of sorts, that I can go to find something funny, edible, artistic or down right loathsome! I know what you're thinking, "Why don't you just Google?"  I could, but I'm not always looking for something in particular.  Sometimes, I'm just looking for inspiration.

All that, just to get to the point of this blog.  Shall we proceed?

Thanks to some lovely ladies on Pinterest - who seem to have the same affliction as I do, I saw an article regarding a skin care treatment which claimed that, "Four key ingredients get rid of your acne forever."  Too good to be true?  Maybe...

I'm a 30+ year old woman.  I should NOT have acne but yet, I do.  It sucks.  It's not just the occasional time-of-the-month breakouts.  Those I can handle!  There's always a few of those little buggers hanging out somewhere on my face or just under the surface of my skin.  It's annoying!

I've tried Clinique, Olay, Avon, soap and water, Murad, Proactiv, etcetera, etcetera and so on and so forth.  Nothing has ever seemed to work.  Clinique came close, but it seemed as soon as my skin figured out what I was doing, it decided to get it's revenge and changed skin types.  I didn't think it could do that, but it did.  So with my "I'll try anything once" attitude, I decided to try this.

The problem I saw was that there were no portion listings to advise you on how much of each to use for the mask.  I decided to use equal parts of the four ingredients (1 Tablespoon of each per treatment) and it seems to be doing well.

For the exfoliant I used:
1 Tbsp baking soda
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp finely ground oats

Incidentally, I did finally find the coconut oil (the moisturizing part of the treatment) at Sprouts.  I got the refined coconut oil for right around $6.00.  I couldn't imagine I would've needed chunks of coconut bits to moisturize my skin. Check your local organic market or health food store if you can't find it at your regular grocer.

I first did this treatment last night.  When I awoke this morning, I had completely forgotten that I'd done the treatment - that is until I went into my bathroom and saw my oatmeal riddled washcloth.   Thus far, it's the only part of this treatment that's bugging me.

I began examining my face.  It felt softer; dare I say, a bit smoother?  Definitely.  Upon further examination, a few of the "problem children" that I had gone to bed with the night before, were so small, that I had myself wondering if I had imagined their size! They were nearly gone!

I have already begun Day 2 of the treatment.  I do believe I will do my next treatment right before I shower so that I can rinse the exfoliant rather than using a cloth to take it off my face.  I probably shouldn't be using a cloth in the first place, but I figured the added benefit of rubbing a little extra dead cells off with the cloth couldn't really hurt.

Here's hoping that by the end of week one, I will be acne free!

No comments:

Post a Comment