Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dear Football, I Miss You.

Anyone else out there missing football season?!

I'm salivating!

I caught myself looking for ANY news on players past and present.  I want the draft to happen now, not next month! It's going to be an interesting year, I think.  So many good players are now free agents and some of those college boys coming up look pretty decent.

Speaking of old...I feel bad for Peyton Manning. I know he's shopping teams, but come on! The man had a semi-serious neck injury as well as continuous back pain. Didn't he have three surgeries for his neck injury?! He's a risk for sure.  He's also getting kind of up there for a player--he'll be thirty-six next week.  To his credit, he's really good for a man his age.

Manning has only been on my mind because of my husband and some of our family.  He's had a busy couple of weeks, working out with the 49ers, the Broncos, the Cardinals and the Titans.  He looked good, but people can look good when there is no pressure.  Cardinals aren't particularly known for having good protection for the QB, so I would see a lot of injuries in Manning's future if he were to go to the Cards.  Actually, I would say he definitely is NOT going Cardinals.

I actually miss the old days--about five years ago--when my husband and I had Cowboys vs. Skins bets going on.  It was the most fun.  Now he's with the Cardinals--most days.  I know he's torn when the Skins are up against the Cards.  He used to be a loyal Skins fan, but he swapped them out for the Cardinals to be closer to his dad and brother. I don't blame him, but I do have to give him crap for being a flipper.

I, on the other hand, have always been a Cowboy fan.  Don't ask me how I got that way, I honestly don't know.  I'm not from Texas, neither my dad nor my mom was from there.  I just always liked the Cowboys. I know, it's weird.  People are always teasing me about it, but I don't care.  I am a loyal Cowboys fan and always will be.  I'm going to stick to my guns. (LOL)



I think I got a little bit of relief from this little chat. WHEW!

2 comments:

  1. I happened to be talking football with the hubs just this morning. With teams releasing players that have spent their careers with the team, Peyton Manning and Hines Ward, for example, these players I'm sure would have liked to end their careers on their teams, but we're released to make room to pay salaries for new players, etc. What will be the incentive for guys coming into the league to stick with a team? Will they want to devote their career to a team sticking with it through the good and bad years only to be cut loose a year or two from retirement? No! I'm personally disgusted! Glad to get that out of my system, hopefully it made sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't get that either! I guess it's just like working for any corporation. You devote years to them and then just when you're hitting an important milestone with the company, they hand you a pink slip. They demand loyalty and then show you none. Sad state of affairs.

      Delete